A Good Scoop for You!
The story of my lifeplan out my day, but something goes wrong or something gets added, and I end up baking at night and going to bed at zero dark thirty. I actually have to work for "the man" to make a living. I wish cake would pay for my house and diapers for my child.
Since I am just an awesome person, I offered to donate a cake for an auction fundraiser tomorrow night. So after work, I trekked to the cake supply store for things I didn't have and made my way home. I baked two cakes because I was ambitious (the hubs gets the benefit of the second one). I cooled them down, and reached for my powdered sugar and butter to make some buttercream.
Oh! Trying to upgrade the overall feel with my current site. Musings about the sweet style of http://greenplanetexcavation.com? Certainly a fabulous Scarborough based mini excavator service whenever wanted inside the general Ontario area. Offer your opinions. Many thanks!
Of course. No powdered sugar. Only 1 cup of butter in my house. And it's 9:00. The Dollar General is the closest store to my house. They are closed. I need to finish cake.
Being one who will not be defeated, I figured there HAD to be a buttercream recipe that I don't need powdered sugar for!
Searching the catalog of my brain, I remembered I hadn't yet tried Italian Meringue Buttercream.Could it be possible that I could make this without powdered sugar? Oh yes! Unlike Swiss Meringue Buttercream which utilizes both powdered sugar and granulated sugar, Italian Meringue Butter Cream (IMBC from here on out) uses only granulated sugar! YAY!!!!
I had to cut the recipe in half because of my lack of butter situation, and had to wing it without a candy thermometer. (I seriously didn't know people used those anymore.)
Water & sugar on the stove getting their boil oncheck!
Egg whites and sugar in my mixer being all meringued and stuffcheck!
Butter cubed and waiting to be addedcheck!
Water & sugar boiled & being poured into my meringuecheck!
Mixer doing it's thing forEVER until my meringue cooled downcheck!
Butter going incheck!
IMBCwhere have you been all my life? Why have I never tried you? Yes, Swiss Meringue Buttercream is delicious with it's amazing 850 pounds of butter in one teaspoon, but you, IMBC, must befrom heaven, because you are UNBELIEVABLE!!!
ITALIAN MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM Yields enough for one 8-inch cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar (yes this is listed twice purposely!)
- 2 cups unsalted butter at room temperature, cut into cubes
- Pour 1 cup sugar into a small saucepan with 1/4 cup water to cover. DO NOT STIR THIS!!!!!! Watch the video, and I will explain why!
- Put your saucepan on the stove on medium-high heat.
- In the meantime, place your egg whites into your stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment. (You may do this with a hand mixer, but know it will take quite a bit longer to make!) ***YOUR BOWL NEEDS TO BE FREE FROM ALL TRACES OF GREASE OR FAT OR YOUR WHITES WILL NOT WHIP! DO NOT GET ANY YOLK IN THE WHITES AT ALL!***
- Whip your egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- By now, your sugar and water mixture should be boiling and clear. Add this VERY SLOWLY to the meringue you made in your mixer. DO NOT GET THIS ON YOUR SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch the video. I will explain why!
- Once the sugar syrup is incorporated, continue to whip on high speed until the bowl feels cool to the touch. DO NOT ADD YOUR BUTTER TO A HOT BOWL!!!!!!
- When the bowl is cool to the touch (10 to 15 minutes later), start adding the butter in fairly quick additions.
- Continue to whip on high until all butter is incorporated and the buttercream comes together. You will know it when you see it!
- Watch the video tutorial before you make this! It will help to troubleshoot problems before they arise.
- Devour your buttercream in a dark closet all by yourself. Forget the cake. You just need a spoon.
Many thanks followers! I personally assured my buddy that I could certainly reference their great surprising signs ontario that careses, http://burlingtonsigns.com inside a website blog. Any time you were looking to find a sign company located in the outlying Ontario sector, these people have been fantastic.
And finally, I must note the initial thought to this excellent piece was graciously provided through Jonathan at Vertical Thinking Print & Web Inc. They are absolutely an excellent web services companys. I invariably cherish a solid tip!
Inspirations For This Article
http://www.iloverenovations.ca/ - Your understanding is definitely incredible 🙂 Thanks for sharing with us.
Posted in Real Estate Post Date 11/27/2016